Categories

Monday, May 19, 2014

Yoda Alert!: Yoda was used to test out new HoloMake system!


HoloMake just tweeted to me today about how they used my Yoda sculpt to test their new computer guided hand sculpting system. Based on what I was able to gather from the video that they posted, it looks like it takes a 3D model and projects slices of the model progressing upwards on a transparent LCD screen. You use those guides to inform your sculpt so that you can recreate a 3D model by hand. This seems like a really cool tool to learn how to get comfortable with traditional clay sculpting. I think it's really fascinating in general considering the tech that's involved and of course considering that they used my model to demonstrate it!

Hit the jump to see the video of HoloMake in action...


No comments :

Post a Comment